Verified Applicaton for Association of Counsel under SCR 42
Posted by: Mark Albright on Tue, Feb 12, 2013Share this post
G. MARK ALBRIGHT, ESQ.
NevadaBar No. 001394
ALBRIGHT, STODDARD, WARNICK & ALBRIGHT
801 South Rancho Drive, Suite D-4
Las Vegas,Nevada 89106
Tel: (702) 384-7111
Fax: (702) 384-0605
Attorneys for Plaintiff West Palm Beach Firefighters’ Pension Fund
Foreign Law Firm Name and Address
IN THE EIGHTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT FOR THE STATE OF NEVADA
IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF CLARK
This Document Relates To:
Lead Case No. A-12
VERIFIED APPLICATION FOR ASSOCIATION
OF COUNSEL UNDER NEVADA SUPREME COURT RULE 42
, Petitioner, respectfully represents:
First Middle Name Last
1. Petitioner resides at _____
, , , _____
City County State Zip Code
( ) .
2. Petitioner is an attorney at law and a member of the law firm of: _____
with offices at _____
, , , _____
City County State Zip Code
( ) , .
3. Petitioner has been retained personally or as a member of the above named law firm by to provide legal representation in connection with the above-entitled matter now pending before the above referenced court.
4. Since ______________ of _____, petitioner has been, and presently is, a member of good standing of the bar of the highest court of the State of ________________ where petitioner regularly practices law.
5. Petitioner was admitted to practice before the following United States District Courts, United States Circuit Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Court of theUnited States, and/or courts of other states on the dates indicated for each, and is presently a member in good standing of the bars of said Courts:
6. Petitioner is not currently suspended or disbarred in any court except as hereinafter provided (Give particulars; e.g., Court, jurisdiction, date):
7. Petitioner is not currently subject to any disciplinary proceedings by any organization with authority at law except as hereinafter provided (give particulars, e.g. court, discipline authority, date, status):
8. Petitioner has never received public discipline including, but not limited to, suspension or disbarment, by any organization with authority to discipline attorneys at law except as hereinafter provided (give particulars, e.g. court, discipline authority, date, status):
9. Petitioner has never had any certificate or privilege to appear and practice before any regulatory administrative body suspended or revoked except as hereinafter provided (give particulars, e.g. date, administrative body, date of suspension or reinstatement):
10. Petitioner, either by resignation, withdrawal, or otherwise, has never terminated or attempted to terminate Petitioner’s office as an attorney in order to avoid administrative, disciplinary, disbarment, or suspension proceedings except as hereinafter provided;
11. Petitioner has filed the following application(s) to appear as counsel under Nevada Supreme Court Rule 42 during the past three (3) years in the following matters: (do not include Federal Pro Hacs)
Title of Court Was Application
Date of Administrative Body Granted or
Application Cause or Arbitrator Denied
(If necessary, please attach a statement of additional applications)
12. Nevada Counsel of Record for Petition in this matter is:
(must be the same as the signature on the Nevada Counsel consent page)
First Name Middle Name Last Name Bar #
who has offices at _______________________________________________________________
Street Address City County
_________________, ( ) .
Zip Code Phone Number
13. The following accurately represents the names and addresses of each party in this matter, WHETHER OR NOT REPRESENTED BY COUNSEL, and the names and addresses of each counsel of record who appeared for said parties:
NAME MAILING ADDRESSS
14. Petitioner agrees to comply with the provisions of Nevada Supreme Court Rule 42(3) and (13) and Petitioner consents to the jurisdiction of the courts and disciplinary boards of the State of Nevadain accordance with provisions as set forth in SCR 42(3) and (13). Petitioner respectfully requests that Petitioner be admitted to practice in the above-entitled court FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS MATTER ONLY.
15. Petitioner has disclosed in writing to the client that the applicant is not admitted to practice in this jurisdiction and that the client has consented to such representation.
I, _____________________________, do hereby swear/affirm under penalty of perjury that the assertions of this application are true:
That I am the Petitioner in the above entitled matter; that I have read the foregoing and know the contents thereof; that the same is true of my own knowledge except as to those matters therein stated on information and belief, and as to the matter I believe them to be true.
That I further certify that I am subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts and disciplinary boards of this state with respect to the law of this state governing the conduct of attorneys to the same extent as a member of the State Bar of Nevada; that I understand and shall comply with the standards of professional conduct required by members of the State Bar of Nevada; and that I am subject to the disciplinary jurisdiction to the State Bar of Nevada with respect to any of my actions occurring in the course of such appearance.
DATED this day of , 20
If this signature is not in blue ink, you have a copy.
About the Authors: The law firm of Albright, Stoddard, Warnick & Albright is an A-V Rated Nevada-based full-service law firm having attorneys licensed in Nevada, California and Utah. Our firm’s practice includes a strong emphasis on personal injury accidents. Call us at 702-384-7111.
Note: This article, and any other information you obtain at this website, is not offered as legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such, nor is it a solicitation for legal services. Only a licensed attorney can advise you with respect to your specific legal needs. We welcome your contacting our firm to discuss such representation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.